Thursday, March 10, 2011

The Recession aftermath...following your dream or barely surviving

Have you found yourself totally lost in this difficult job market? Are you looking for a way to gain experience and work in your field? Do you apply daily and try to reach out to your networks?...welcome to my world. It seems that whatever I try it is not working for me. It seems that I can only try to blame it on the recession, the hard times, the high level competition...I can only use this excuse for so long. At some point I turned it even against me in order to figure out what is actually wrong. As you can imagine, that backfired and I became so depressed thinking that I am a failure and everyone else is making it. But this topic is still hot. It is discussed daily on the news, experts are writing books about it and I feel I hear the same old advise from different people(that btw. have a great job in their career). So, I am soaking it in, I am networking, I am meeting people that I do not know(yet), I am reaching out to different networks, put myself out there..how agressive can a person be? Does it come down to luck nowadays? Connections? Who do I have to know? I certainly am starting to feel like I am back in Bosnia where my father has to either own the company or know the CEO of the company I wanna work for. If you have no ties or miraculous luck you are screwed.

So, I ask myself how do I come out of this as a WINNER?

We got to keep trying. I have recently found out these job listings that I never knew about. Not regular job postings that we can find on monster.com or even idealist (depending on the industry you want to tap in) but blogs that work with certain career industries to post the newest openings. I am not saying that I have been lucky yet but I hope to have more success in the future. How do you find out about these? I have no clue how I did not know about it before but I am researching and I am pushing. I really hope that by sharing our newest ideas and newest ways in this job market we can actually get hired and do what we really love. In the meantime, I will still be frustrated and sometimes feel down but NEVER EVER give up! I will keep you all posted if anything actually turns out good. I would love to help others to chase their dreams and make the best out of their lives. My sacrifices have been huge to just wait for it to happen. I am ready to make a difference in the world, just the way I intended when I dreamed abotu college, got to college and when I graduated. We have to take it in our hands and turn the way things are done. Obviously, the newspaper job openings are not even looked at..the position is already filled but the ad has to be published as a formality. Most of them for sure, I cannot speak for all of them. So, to increase the chances we have to be able to help each other..it is definitely a more personal approach. Get more personal with strangers and make your way through.

Good luck

No comments:

Post a Comment