Sunday, March 13, 2011

Thoughts are with Japan!

With the recent happenings in Japan and the unrest in the Middle East it has been such a hard thing to watch news on a daily basis. I do not think that the pictures that we are shown on news stations are sinking in with our conscious. It just feels so far away and simply a sad tragedy. But for the most people it seems like a movie. Something we can switch the channel at any time. If we look out of our window we are able to see that we ARE NOT affected by it. We might feel sorry and bad but we move on with our lives unless.....UNLESS the gas prices go up and WE have to pay more at the gas station. My life is equally affected by the prices and my money goes in the same direction as everyone elses. Do I complain? Yes. But do I see the whole picture? I surely try to. It is important to understand the roots of this problem and not just blame it on the gas dependency of USA. It is the fact that at this moment people are fighting for freedom, for a better life but WE have it so bad.

I am attaching some pictures from Washington Post from the Tsunami that hit Japan along with the 8.9 Earthquake is more than disturbing. I am still sitting here and keep looking at them. Is it all gone? What would we do if everything we own is gone, if the people we love are missing or hurting? Can we make that connection?
I believe that we can and that is the reason I am sharing these pictures and these words with you.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/gallery/2011/03/12/GA2011031205446.html#photo=1

No comments:

Post a Comment