Saturday, January 29, 2011

Books for Bosnia-North-American Initiative

I am enjoying the fact that people are philanthropic and willing to help when there is need. The last post was about my personal encouragement to friends to donate two books to the University of Sarajevo Library. The power of social media is amazing. Upon a short chat with one of my dear friends in Canada we decided that since we both feel very strongly about this book drive that we want to help. Now it's not just a book drive, it's a North American Initiative. I am so pumped right now. It is amazing how many people we can reach if we just ask. The fact that most of us have a lot of valuable college books that can be used somewhere or the resources to buy and send some is great. It shows the little things that we take for granted and the appreciativeness of a student across the ocean. It is the connection that my friend and I want to capture and emphasize. We encourage people to join our effort to build on the fortune of a diverse library. We also encourage to share this journey with us and send or post a picture on our facebook page called: Books for Bosnia-North American Initiative. We want to mark and draw attention to the stars of this initiative...YOU. We want to give you the spotlight you deserve and let you connect and inspire others to do the same.
As I know from my own experiences, once people see that others are doing it they are more likely to do it as well. So let this book sharing be a personal matter and let me thank you from the bottom of our heart.

Yours truly,

Zummie

No comments:

Post a Comment