Monday, January 31, 2011

What it means to me

I am a proud book worm. My life is surrounded by great books. No wonder that the book drive has been very personal issue for me. I grew up having access to books. I remember as a first grader asking my dad to take me to the library. In Bosnia and Herzegovina we lived up in the hill ( Sarajevo is a valley) and our place was right under one of the Olympic mountains. We would walk home, I would sit and read it right away (all my books) and ask my dad to go return the books and get new ones. I know, I know I am a nerd but very proud of it. I feel not much has changed today. It's just that I have less time to read. It is definitely a fortune to have books and it has been my dream to own my little library. I have definitely started and I am building on the books that have been recommended, gifted or borrowed to me.

Today I wanted to share some of my current favorite books. They are not the current best sellers but they have definitely found themselves on that list before. So, it is never too late to get them and enrich your mind with ideas, inspiration, real life stories, issues and facts that have impact on our lives. Don't ignore and think that if something is not in your close proximity that it does not affect you. It's always better to be prepared, it will save you from ignorance. Yes,I said it! I believe that more information we acquire more we understand the world we live in.

So here it is:


Not only because we recently commemorated his birthday and his life work but just because he is one of the most amazing historical figures of all times. I say that out of the deepest respect to a man that has sacrificed everything in a respectful and peaceful manner. We still have so much to learn and this book greatly highlights his true dedication to human rights, peace and justice! I ll share some more in the future. Take this one, or share if you have read it. :) As you can see from the picture my copy is worn out, because it has been shared and recycled just the way I like it!

"Occasionally in life there are those moments of unutterable fulfillment which cannot be completely explained by those symbols called words. Their meaning can only be articulated by the inaudible language of the heart."

As you can see it is very inexpensive to purchase this book but the enrichment is priceless. Consider joining me in learning and getting inspired by amazing people

1 comment:

  1. I've always wanted to read this but just haven't made the time. Thank you for bringing it to my attention again...I think it's time that I got a copy for myself. <3

    ReplyDelete