Wednesday, February 2, 2011

You & Me for Egypt

One thing people should know about me is the passion for humanity, human rights, equality and peace. It is what I breathe and what comes from my heart. I sit hours in front of the TV and the computer, reading news and trying to understand the world we are living in. I try to read news from different countries and in different languages which helps things be less bias. It is also interesting to see the views..try it for yourself!

As a Bosnian citizen, that knows war and the outcomes of violence the situation in Egypt is of tremendous importance to me. I am not talking from a political viewpoint but more of a human prospect. I am concerned about the amount of violence that has been going on and the lack of action and support from the world. Of course political action is tightly connected to the human action in my opinion. Unfortunately, that's not how Politics function in this world. If there is no interest there is no or little action. As we can see from the past 9 days in Egypt, the clash of interest and humanity has not broken even. What else has to happen that people see the right from wrong? Simply from the human perspective, imagine our own families and lives being the "Egyptian way"?

So what can you do as an individual you may ask yourself? PLENTY OF THINGS!
Show sympathy. Reaching out your hand for peace and support means a lot. It shows compassion and it raises awareness. I got added to a group on Facebook called you and me for Egypt. Check it out. It encourages people to write a message on your hand in your language to show the support for those who are asking for freedom and change. Looking at those pictures I was inspired. I hope you will, too. Maybe you can write your politicians and ask for action and ask your president to keep the citizens first and Mubarak responsible. Encourage peaceful demonstrations and oppose the violence! YOU do matter! Your voice can be heard!

Here is the link for the group that you can like and share your message:
http://www.facebook.com/pages/You-Me-for-Egypt/185042261528173

Please join me in raising awareness, showing compassion and support in EGYPT!
YOU & ME for EGYPT!

Thank you.

No comments:

Post a Comment