Friday, February 11, 2011

Move it

The hype about First Lady's Move it campaign is totally appropriate and definitely appreciated. As a strong role model in this country she portraits a positive picture of ourselves. The fact that there is a person of influence that is encouraging and motivating the youth to eat healthy and exercise is really inspiring.
The interesting thing is that those two things were the staple of my childhood. I don't remember being much in the house except for homework or after the lights go on. We would always spend our days playing,  being active with other kids. It makes me smile now and I am so thankful for that time. The energy levels of kids are so much higher and they need a way to use it. It's so sad to see the kids of today sit just in front of the TV or game consoles. I totally agree with Mrs. Obama and her efforts to wake up and push us to be better.

So, as an adult it is much harder to get where we used to be. I feel every year that passes I add another pound or two and it takes me much longer to get rid of one. So, in order to prevent and to be aware and with the plan in mind to one day have children of my own I plan to be healthy. I m going to be more than determined, I am going to try to be a role model. To speak about the change you have to do the change and I hope you can see it on me. I know you must feel it through the words. I have lost 7lbs in a week and a half. Ever since I started keeping track of my nutrition and adding more exercises and training in my routines it has been more effective. Although the number for me sometimes is frustrating, I finally feel my body shifting. I feel lighter, the clothes feel different and it is a great encouragement. It takes a little while depending on a person's metabolism to get where we want to be. I am gonna try to not be just motivated by the number but make it a great combo!

Today, a day after boot camp class(which was crazy, crazy hard) I feel sore but energized. I am looking forward to go and do some hardcore cardio and mix it up. Have you added jump rope to your routine? it helps so much. Check out your gym classes that are for free and shock your body into weight loss!

Be healthy, be strong and be happy!

No comments:

Post a Comment