Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Are we there yet?

Being healthy is more than just numbers. I am making this statement because in the past week, I have been either counting calories or weighing myself. Everything that I ate became a number, a yes or a no, a quick calculation and resistance to temptation. Although I find it very crucial to understand what i am putting in my body, I have continued to cook every day and to combine healthy food with healthy choices.

The good news is, if you have chosen like me to use the lose it website and keep track of what you have eaten and how much you have exercised you will see results...I have lost 6lbs so far...I have set a high goal and it feels like the pounds are not shredding the way they are supposed to but I am glad that I am sticking to it...it is definitely a struggle and sometimes I need some motivation. I am thankful to have a husband that goes and works out with me as well as friends who keep track of what I am eating through the amazing sharing that we can on lose it.

Have you tried it?

Here are a couple of tips:
1. Don't skip meals. ( I have learned this the hard way.) If you think skipping meals will help you lose weight it's not going to work out that way. In order to stay healthy and to keep your body energized it is better to eat more often but with healthier choices then skipping meals and opting for high calorie foods. You do not have to give up your favorite foods but be aware what it does to your body and do it in moderation.
2. Sign up for a gym membership. That changed it all for me. Be dedicated and make a goal to go at least 3 times a week, preferably 5 times and if you can squeeze it in the morning it's even better. Start off the day with a great kick in your metabolism. It definitely makes a difference.
3. If you can't go to the gym or can't afford it try this: Work out at home.. Dvd's are great and I know many people including me doing Dvd exercise in front of the TV or laptop. I recommend Jillian Michaels. She is just the best! You will be dying eight minutes in~ I promise! I ll promise you will see changes. Committ to it and don't give up. If you eat a little bit more on one day, just make sure you go back to the healthy you the next day. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment