Sunday, February 27, 2011

Coupons?

Have you ever signed up for receiving coupons for your favorite store? Nowadays the businesses are using coupons to get people back into their stores. I tend to sign up for all kinds of websites and notifications, more so because it's a way to window shop for me and to check what kind of deals are out there. It is interesting for me how they market the merchandise to be up to 90% off although you end up paying the same amount as before. It is the art of selling. I am a sales person, as a matter of fact selling for me becomes personal. I like to make sure to advise someone for a good deal out of genuine feeling that it will be a good match for them and not because I have to make a sale. I have worked in the retail industry and have taken the opportunity to learn a lot out of it. The pressure to make a certain amount a day, the expectations, the constant push. I have to say I never let that get to me. I didn't sell to reach that goal but rather have fun with it.

The retail career is in the past for now, but I find myself advising my friends or telling them about the good deals I saw. I go less to the malls now, but rather check things out online. It feels like it's a totally different store and the deals online are different. I have also signed up for the local coupons, something like Groupon that gives coupons for local stores. I actually purchased one deal and will finally use it tomorrow. I will get my hair cut tomorrow. I have been waiting to do this for a long time, it was more a financial matter and now I am using the coupon to 'save' money. It is a great business move for the hair salon that I have never heard before hand. I will definitely keep you guys updated because it is important for me to get a quality  haircut, and my hair should be an easy task. I am more excited about the fact that I finally got a deal through the coupons that I get on a daily basis.

excited? definitely...will post about it...if good maybe even a picture :)


No comments:

Post a Comment