Saturday, February 12, 2011

Break the Routine

As I am getting myself to be productive this weekend and get stuff off my big to do list, I am happy that I am out and about. It makes my day much more exciting walking up and down DC. My destination the Library of Congress. What a beautiful institution, filled with history, knowledge and inspiration. I took a little tour in the Jefferson Building before heading to get my Reader ID and begin some of my research. I feel so inspired and motivated to do what I have been missing in so long. Working my brain cells and foremost learning. The heritage of my nerdness always comes back to my love for books. As I am researching a topic that I am not familiar and not really interested in, it makes me feel good knowing that I have actually learned something and have maybe figured a way to contribute to this in the most effective way.

The rest of the day will be dedicated to find more about this city and what it has to offer. The fact that I used underground tunnels to return to Jefferson Building and that during the week I can take a tunnel to the capitol to get something to eat is kinda exciting. I remember reading the lost symbol book and wondering about the different paths and underground tunnels that have been described. That's what made this story even more interesting. Living so close to this beautiful city makes me feel like I don't know it all. It's time to explore the city and enjoy the beautiful sunny day. Everything else is just a great addition.

I walked so much today. I feel like it has made this week so much better.

Do something you don't usually do, get out the house and culturally make a difference to your routine. I surely enjoyed the change and I am looking forward to add to it

:)

Beauty is truth. Truth is beauty (read on a column in the Library of Congress)

No comments:

Post a Comment