Thursday, February 3, 2011

Sustainable Fashion in H&M

As I have started this blog writing about organic and fair trade clothing only one big retailer has impressed me. It's maybe the fact that most of the fair trade/organic clothing stores and companies are small and have less publicity as bigger retailers, so we don't pay much attention to them. It is definitely not the price since it's as expensive or cheap as the stores we go to.The fact that big retail stores have a high demand and let their clothes being made in sweat shops is swept under the rug. People do not talk about it, people do not take it in when they shop. I understand that some people enjoy being in the state of blank than being conscious.

H&M has impressed me. That is the big retailer that I was referring to. It is a shop I have bought before and definitely fashion that is my taste. It was in conflict with my conscious. Although I am not sure where their garmets are made and under what work circumstances...I m feeling a shift. I hope they are not using it to just get publicity to get people who are conscious to buy there under false promises.

But if you are interested to see what they have to say...check out this video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Df5f0oqcPRQ&feature=player_embedded#

Let me know your thoughts! :)

Peace

No comments:

Post a Comment