Friday, February 4, 2011

Keeping up with the Healthy you!

I know that a lot of people come up with a new years resolution by the end of the year. I have stopped saying anything or planning anything because of the hype of the first month or two. I decided to make a pact with myself to get back in shape and do it on the down low and keep it up from now and forever. The reason why people should decide to be healthy, lose weight, go to the gym, change of lifestyle is not just to look good or lose the weight but rather because they want to be and keep healthy and be conscious and in control of their bodies in long term.

While I am writing this, I have to smile at myself. I am the perfect example of how good and bad a person can get. First change in life style happened for me in College when I realized that I am not in charge of my body. I decided to go to the nutritionist and to a personal trainer to learn from experts what is good and bad for you. After graduation I tried to keep it up with DVDs at home and running but slowly the pounds sneaked in and my depression and frustration grew. A year and a half later, I gained all the 30lbs I lost and more. I have been talking and complaining about my body weight for way too long.

 In addition, we are bombarded with products, offers and promises as well as what beauty is. We compare ourselves with models, actors/actresses and want to see immediate change. We forget that every person is built different, that the people on TV get airbrushed and fixed. It is definitely a lifestyle change, a mind change and motivation. Doing it naturally and back to basics by watching and tracking what you eat as well as how much you exercise can help you set your goals realistically as well as motivate you to work harder. PUSH YOURSELF.

Today, I wanted to reach out to people who want to do but lack the motivation, resources and goals. Let's start a virtual support group. You can start one for yourself and invite your friends. I joined this account called Lose it yesterday by an invite of my friend.
Link: www.loseit.com

You can write your food journal and track what you have eaten as well as how much you exercised. You set your goals and it gives you a spreadsheet of your successes and achievements. It's amazing. If you decide to do it and join me in this effort, add me :) I need support and motivation just like you. I did my first boot camp class yesterday and I have to say...I AM DYING! of course in a good way...join me to be healthy and better :)

No comments:

Post a Comment